Cat & Dog Vaccinations in North Hollywood, CA
Vaccinating your pet is one of the most important things you can do to protect their long-term health. Vaccines prevent your pet from contracting dangerous, potentially fatal diseases. Our North Hollywood animal hospital tailors each vaccination plan to suit your pet’s particular needs, and we offer the latest and safest cat & dog vaccinations. Call us at (818) 980-1313 to start your pet's vaccination plan.
Core and Noncore Cat and Dog Vaccinations
Not all pets need all vaccines, yet there are some we highly recommend for every pet. Others, the law requires pets to have, as is the case with canine rabies. Vaccines that we highly recommend for all pets are core vaccines, while those based on lifestyle are noncore. The vaccines we offer include:
- Rabies – required by California law
- DAPPL4 (distemper, adenovirus types 1 and 2, parainfluenza, parvovirus, and 4 strains of Leptospirosis)
- Bordetella (kennel cough)
- Canine Influenza combo (covers both strains, H3N2 and H3N8) – highly recommended for puppies who are most vulnerable, but will only need to continue if your dog is frequently with other dogs
- Coronavirus – highly recommended for puppies as well, but will only need to continue if your dog is frequently with other dogs and is around their fecal matter
- Lyme – recommended for dogs who are frequently outdoors and susceptible to tick bites
- Rattlesnake – recommended for dogs who are frequently outdoors and could encounter a rattlesnake
- Rabies – not required by law, but highly recommended
- FVRCP (feline viral rhinotracheitis, calicivirus, panleukopenia)
- Feline Intranasal Bordetella
- Feline Leukemia – highly recommended for all kittens who are most vulnerable, but will only need to continue during adulthood if your cat is frequently outdoors
Your Pet’s Vaccination Timeline
To make sure your pet’s vaccines remain effective, they’ll need regular boosters throughout their lives. Most of the vaccines listed above require yearly boosters; however, there are exceptions. For instance, our Bordetella vaccine for dogs and cats is intranasal and given every 6 months. Meanwhile, we give our canine and feline rabies vaccines one year after their first inoculation, and then every 3 years afterward.
For more information on cat & dog vaccinations please call us at (818) 980-1313. Our veterinary experts can fill you in on what vaccines your pet needs and why. Make your appointment today!